Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Res


Yesterday my husband and I took Bruschi for a walk around a reservoir in a nearby town.  We have a few favorite places we like to take Bru for an off-leash walk/hike, and this is definitely one of them!  The trails are pretty heavily wooded, providing us with lots of shade on our walk.  The biggest plus of all is the water in the res is really clean, so when Bru goes in for a dip he doesn't come out covered in mud!  When he was a young pup he used to love swimming in lakes, now he just kinda wades in and sits in the water.


I try to toss sticks in the water for him to swim out and fetch, and on the rare occasion he will make the trek out, as long as it's not too far!


After the heat wave we've been having, a late afternoon walk around the res was the perfect activity for the day.


Wondering how my mid-morning run went on Friday?  Not exactly according to plan.  When I woke up at 6:30 it was already 80 degrees, so the relaxing and reading in my jamies did not happen!  Waiting another hour or so would not have been safe, so I headed out for my run around 7:00.  Not exactly mid-morning, but still closer to my ideal workout time than I usually get.  I wish I could be one of those people who gets up at 5:00am to workout (like my husband!)  I tried it for 2 solid weeks when I was in grad school, and it just wasn't for me.  So, my workouts are usually saved for late afternoon/early evening when I get out of work, or the rare mid-day workout I sometimes get on the weekends.  I did get in a nice 30 minute jog.  I left my nike+ at home, not wanting to feel the pressure of pushing myself on such a hot day, but I know the routes around my house pretty well and would guess I ran about 3 miles.  Thank goodness we're supposed to get some cooler temps in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment